Unión Martin group manages each and every phase of the value-chain: from catching, preparation and processing to the distribution and commercialization of all sea produce. This vertical integration allows us to guarantee regular deliveries of the best quality product to our customers. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our clients.
- The Canary Islands are a Spanish archipelago located in the Atlantic Ocean, close to the northeastern coast of Africa in zone FAO 34, one of the most important fishing zones for Cephalopods in the world.
- As an autonomous community of Spain, the Canary Islands are fully integrated within the European Union, and share a similar legal framework as that of the Iberian Peninsula and other European countries.
- However, the Canary Islands also benefit from a number of substantial advantages (for example tax incentives) when it comes to promoting investment in the region, thanks to their considerable distance from the Iberian Peninsula.
- As a result of their unique (i) geographical location, (ii) legal security, (iii) tax incentives and (iv) social welfare, the archipelago is regarded as an exceptional location for both national and international companies running businesses on the African continent.
- The Canary Islands especially benefit from a prime location for fisherman with businesses in the FAO 34 zone, one of the most important Cephalopod fishing areas in the world.
- The Canary Islands are an international nucleus used by Asian fishing companies, which grants Unión Martín exclusive access to unique species (such as Shark and Tuna).
Production Plants and Resources
- Las Palmas: headquarters, 3 production facilities where all of our produce is prepared and stored in refrigerated warehouses.
- Iberian Peninsula: refrigerated warehouse and sales office.
- Morocco: 7 company owned fleets and exclusive fishing agreements with 5 local ship owners with a total of 22 vessels.
- Mauritania: partnerships with 3 local production facilities.